Sunday, December 30, 2007

80% of US Kids Now Play Games Online

A new report from the “2007 American Kids Survey” by Mediamark Research and Intelligence has revealed that nearly 80% of children ages 6-11 play online games on a regular basis. Besides that, there seems to be almost no difference between te number of boys and girls playing online:

“The percentage of boys and girls who play online games was virtually the same, 77.7% vs. 78.5%, respectively. Boys are much more likely to report they go online to get tips or cheats for their gaming: One-quarter of boys (25.8%) versus only 5.6% of girls.”

I can’t seem to get the PDF of the report to open right, but I do wonder more about what defines an “online game” in this instance. I’m sure some kids maybe play Halo or something, but I’d bet most of them are playing online flash games or somesuch.

No comments:

you Digg me?